How air purifiers help fight pollen and allergens in your home
Homes and buildings are better insulated than ever. That is a good thing, but it also means that once bad air particles and pollen have entered the room, there is a chance you’ll never get rid of them. Our air purifiers are the perfect solution to improve the quality of the air inside your home and to minimise the negative effect of pollen on your health.
What are the benefits of air purifiers?
Indoors, the concentration of potentially harmful particles and gases is between two to five times higher than outdoors. Daikin air purifiers make sure the air inside your home or building is purer, healthy and clean – increasing both the comfort and safety in your home. Thanks to this, you can now enjoy the freshness of outdoor air, indoors.
Healthy and fresh air offers a number of benefits. Air purifiers remove pollen, so you suffer less from allergies and respiratory infections. The improved air quality ensures a healthy sleeping environment and unpleasant odours are filtered out. Moreover, the Daikin Streamer Technology inactivates over 99.9% of the novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2).
How does the Daikin Streamer Technology make a difference?
Daikin’s unique Streamer discharge technology decomposes and removes allergens such as mould, mites, and pollen along with unpleasant odours. The unique Streamer technology tackles viruses by breaking down their surface proteins and then destroying them via oxidation to render them ineffective and harmless.
Daikin Industries, Ltd., mother company of Daikin Europe N.V., and Osaka University’s Research Institute for Microbial Diseases 1 have tested and confirmed the effectiveness of the Flash Streamer technology against severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) variants 2 .
- The research confirmed that the Flash Streamer technology inactivates SARS-CoV-2 variants more than 99.9% against the Alpha, Beta, Gamma and Omicron variants, and 99.8% against the Delta variant after 4 hours of exposure to Streamer discharge when compared to without Streamer.
- This means the Flash Streamer technology can be used to improve indoor air quality when the air is contaminated with these respiratory viruses.
Flash streamer technology
The Flash Streamer technology is a technology that uses Streamer discharge, which Daikin developed in 2004, to perform oxidative decomposition of harmful substances. It is a type of plasma discharge featuring an innovative air purification technology that stably generates high-speed electrons. When combined with air components, these high-speed electrons have a capability for powerful oxidative decomposition, and this capability enables Streamer discharge to continuously remove odors, bacteria and indoor air pollutants such as formaldehyde. The mechanisms of the Flash Streamer technology and the test results are also introduced in Daikin website “DAIKIN Streamer Research Institute”.
Which air purifier is best for you?
Streamer technology air purifier MC55W
Compact, effective and quiet thanks to its new innovative setup.
- Clean air thanks to active ion discharge plasma and flash streamer technology
- High-efficiency HEPA filter to retain even the finest dust particles
- Noise level: down to 19 dBA
- Air purification speed: 330 m³/h
- Suitable for rooms up to: 78 m²*
* Area calculated according to NRCC-54013-2011 standard using CADR value tested according to ANSI/AHAM AC-1-2015 & AHAM AC-1-2019
1. The test is conducted by Professor Tatsuo Shioda and Assistant Professor Tadahiro Sasaki for the Department of Virus Infections, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University.
2 The test described herein only concerns the patented Flash Streamer technology. The effects of products equipped with the Flash Streamer technology or the effects in actual use environment may differ. For more information on the Daikin products incorporating the Flash Streamer technology, please refer to the relevant product information.